Boar's Head Boat Club ('BHBC') was founded in July 1999 for former First Lent, First May and Henley colours ('Old Boars') from Queens' College Boat Club, Cambridge ('QCBC').
Our objectives are:
- to encourage Old Boars to stay in training and to arrange for them to regularly compete together in rowing events
- to increase the contact between Old Boars and current members of QCBC
- to allow Old Boars to regularly and conveniently make donations to QCBC
- ultimately, to represent ourselves as competitively as possible in the Head of the River Race and at Henley Royal Regatta
BHBC is affiliated to the Amateur Rowing Association, and is based at Queens' College Boathouse in Cambridge. We have special permission to use equipment belonging to QCBC. Our status as a town club allows us to train on the river Cam in the evenings and on Sundays, in addition to the usual river opening times for students.
Please spend some time browsing through our website. On these pages you will find information on:
- eligibility for membership and a list of current members
- how you can join BHBC and start competing with us
- how you can make a donation to QCBC by competing with us
- details of, and how to contact the BHBC Committee
- our specially designed kit and where it can be purchased
- the Boar's Head Dining Club, our raison d'être
- our constitution and insurance arrangements
- photographs and useful internet links
To all the Old Boars out there: we are very keen to get as many of you as possible involved in BHBC. We hope that many of you will join us and compete for BHBC. The club recently made an appearance in The Record, Queens' College Magazine so we hope that Old Boars who haven't found this website will see us too.
Please do get in touch in any event; we would love to hear from you!
View a print-friendly version of this page.